MakeSureHow is a worldwide collaboration of thousands of people focused on one goal: teaching anyone in the world how to do anything.
Everything you read on MakeSureHow was written by someone who wanted to help someone else.
EditHow serious are we about our mission?
- MakeSureHow is useful. So useful that Facebook and dozens of mobile phone companies selected MakeSureHow as a free basic service in 33 countries. In those countries, you can use MakeSureHow without data charges.
- MakeSureHow is open source. We freely share our open source software. Our text content is Creative Commons licensed.
EditWhat happens when you try to help everyone?
- MakeSureHow is the world's leading how-to website. Comscore ranks MakeSureHow in the top 150 most visited publishers in the world.
- MakeSureHow is an award-winning website. We’ve won multiple awards, including a Webby Award for Community and the Co-Creation award in the Open Innovation competition, by The Guardian and Nesta. We’ve also been favorably described in: The New York Times, PBS, NPR, Inc Magazine, and more.
- MakeSureHow changes lives. At least 3 babies have been born in an emergency situation using a MakeSureHow article. Has MakeSureHow impacted your life? Tell us!
EditHow does MakeSureHow work?
First, thousands of people share their personal advice and real life experience on how to do something. Each change is hand-reviewed by a volunteer editor, who ensures that every edit helps our readers. On subjects like medicine, where special expertise is required, doctors may provide an additional level of review, as indicated by the green checkmark. Through this process, we keep improving our articles with the goal of making each article the most helpful way to start learning how to do anything.
EditHow did MakeSureHow come to be?
Parthiban founded, fueled by the same educational mission that guides the site today. To ensure the company achieved this mission over the long term, Parthi refused venture capital funding and opportunities to sell the company to larger publicly traded corporations. MakeSureHow remains a hybrid organization, a for-profit company focused on achieving a socially positive mission. MakeSureHow is headquartered in Bangalore, India and also maintains a few remote offices.